12 Awesome Quotes by Eminem


EMINEM:

I was poor white trash, no glitter, no glamour, but I'm not ashamed of anything.

It'd be stupid for me to sit here and say that there aren't kids who look up to me, but my responsibility is not to them. I'm not a baby sitter.

Nobody likes to fail. I want to succeed in everything I do, which isn't much. But the things that I'm really passionate about, if I fail at those, if I'm not successful, what do I have?

Now that I understand that I'm an addict, I definitely have compassion for my mother. I get it.

I don't even know how to speak up for myself, because I don't really have a father who would give me the confidence or advice.

Throughout my career, I fed off the fuel of people not being able to understand me.

I don't think I've ever read poetry, ever.

It creeps me out sometimes to think of the person I was. I was a terrible person. I was mean to people.

If people take anything from my music, it should be motivation to know that anything is possible as long as you keep working at it and don't back down.

People can try to reinvent themselves. I don't think you can really change who you are, though, because who you are is pretty much where you came from and what you've done up to now.

You're not going to say anything about me that I'm not going to say about myself. There's so many things that I think about myself; if someone really wanted to get at me, they could say this and this and this. So I'm going to say it before they can. It's the best policy for me.     

A lot of the problems I had with fame I was bringing on myself. A lot of self-loathing, a lot of woe-is-me. Now I'm learning to see the positive side of things, instead of, like, 'I can't go to Kmart. I can't take my kids to the haunted house.'